Re: OCS Version 3

Howard Dutton

Edited

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 05:42 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 05:40 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
The ASCOM Alpaca functionality (google and read up on it) is built into the OCS firmware, all you need to do is ask ASCOM to create an Alpaca driver (for each driver type) and that's it.  ASCOM's defaults work fine except the port is at 10000 instead of 11111 (though I might change that.)
Note that the methods I used are only suitable for IP network connections, there is NO support for serial port ASCOM connections with Alpaca.
Also note that OCS version 3 is a tight fit for the Mega2560 and probably this Alpaca support requires a Teensy, likely it requires using a W5500 for Ethernet too.