Building my SQM

koal01

Your sqm customization is very interesting
What's the software behing it's not OCS, is a variant  or totally different  program ?

Roman Hujer

My DIY SQM is here Another development version is here

koal01

Fingercrossed ! Hope the weather will change so that you can install it
Sqm sensor is absolutely magic !
Good luck

Howard Dutton

BTW, this is done and waiting for installation...
I'll be up there (at the observatory) this weekend but I doubt I will have the opportunity to install due to poor weather conditions. :)

Howard Dutton

I'm 3D printing the fixture for my SQM right now.  If this works out I'll post the design and stl files.

This is for the Adafruit TSL2591 sensor which sets into the four cut-outs.  A weak slightly convex lens I have (surplus shed) fills the recess nearest the top and will be RTV'd into place.  The lens will be flush with the top so water shouldn't pool at the edges.  I'm printing this in HIPS filament which has worked out for me in the past.  I will then spray paint for some added UV protection to help keep the plastic from breaking down.  The hole in the center is sized for 1/2" NPS pipe which allows using cheap PVC plumbing parts to make/modify a support to mount this on the observatory side as I did for my cloud sensor.