wifi integration evolution ?

koal01

Hi Howard,
In the future is there any wifi integration in your roadmap on OCS ?
I'm building a second OCS wich would be a nomad version mainly to get the weather webpage.
I was wondering if using few pins, a portable version on a teensy would be possible ?

By the way my sedentary OCS is very solid, months without any crash, great !

Thank you
Koal01

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 07:21 AM, koal01 wrote:
By the way my sedentary OCS is very solid, months without any crash, great !
That's what I want to hear.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 07:21 AM, koal01 wrote:
In the future is there any wifi integration in your roadmap on OCS ?
I'm building a second OCS wich would be a nomad version mainly to get the weather webpage.
I was wondering if using few pins, a portable version on a teensy would be possible ?
No plans for the Teensy but adding the capability to run the OCS on the ESP32 has crossed my mind.
The Ethernet webserver in the OCS is a mirror of the ESP8266/ESP32 WiFi, not exactly the same, but close.

koal01

Running full OCS on a ESP32 would be terrific, this MCU is cheap and fast.
Would you intend to build a PCB based on the ESP32, the 38 pin version i suppose,  with selected features (as the Mini in your OnStep project) or would this ESP32 cover all the current features in OCS ?
Any way i'll follow this project and it will be a pleasure to test, i'm avalaible.

Thank you
Koal01