commands sqm and temperature not working ore present

koal01

Hi Howard
Is it possible for you to check why i can't get the temperature through the command :G1#
I'm using the Adafruit si7021 and the weather is displaid on the weather panel but impossible through the monitor
Also concerning SQM there's no command, is it possible to add it to the command list so i can get the mpsas record.
Thanks so much in advance
Koal01

Howard Dutton

Edited

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 01:11 PM, koal01 wrote:
I'm using the Adafruit si7021 and the weather is displaid on the weather panel but impossible through the monitor
Same function called for the weather panel as the command... so how that could happen IDK.  Works here with BME280 too.

Also concerning SQM there's no command, is it possible to add it to the command list so i can get the mpsas record.
I added it a new command :GQ# to get the sky quality.

koal01

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 01:11 PM, koal01 wrote:
I'm using the Adafruit si7021 and the weather is displaid on the weather panel but impossible through the monitor
Same function called for the weather panel as the command... so how that could happen IDK.  Works here with BME280 too.
I changed these lines in command.ino this way to get the temperature value through a ":Ga#" request and it is working now
#if WEATHER_TEMPERATURE == ON && WEATHER == ON
//  :G1#  Get outside temperature
//         Returns: nnn.n#
    //    if ((command[1]=='1') && (parameter[1]==0)) {
    if (command[1]=='a') {
          dtostrf(weatherOutsideTemp(),1,1,reply); //modif mourad
          quietReply=true;
        } else

Thank you for the sqm

Howard Dutton

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 02:52 PM, koal01 wrote:
I changed these lines in command.ino this way to get the temperature value through a ":Ga#" request and it is working now
#if WEATHER_TEMPERATURE == ON && WEATHER == ON
//  :G1#  Get outside temperature
//         Returns: nnn.n#
    //    if ((command[1]=='1') && (parameter[1]==0)) {
    if (command[1]=='a') {
          dtostrf(weatherOutsideTemp(),1,1,reply); //modif mourad
Ok that did it, the lights went on...

That 1 should be a 0.  There were other cases too, fixed now.  It worked for me by chance, the string happened to have a 0 at position 1 which isn't a sure thing since the check is beyond the end of the string.

Howard Dutton

I patched those issues (version 2.33 now.)

koal01

Thank you for the update.
I'm using python for distant request on OCS with these commands and it's very nice.
You did a very great job