OCS 3 debugging

koal01

Hi, I'm testing OCS on the Mega, i've desactivated all sensors, power panel and light panel.
The debug mode is on "VERBOSE" status but no clear information.
As we can see in the screenshot no ping in the cmd console while the monitor display successively only success status.
They are no warning orany information that can help to understand what is going wrong
Question : is seems that the communication between the 5100 and the mega is perturabated ? Is there something i can do some test around this ?

Howard Dutton

The debug messages are saying the OCS is at 192.168.4.10 and you're pinging 192.168.4.50.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 05:46 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
The debug messages are saying the OCS is at 192.168.4.10 and you're pinging 192.168.4.50.
Oh... I see in the window title it's 4.10, other than that no idea.

koal01

192.168.4.50 is my computer address, i'm pinging 4.10 (OCS board)as you can see in the screeshot

koal01

OK I decided to flash the mega with my usb1 port instead of the usb 3 one and the mega has recovered, interesting !
The mega is now stable and i can reach the webpage
All panels are working :
status panel : ok
power panel : all relays ok
weather panel : 3/6 sensors working
lights :ok
The charts are empty, maybe in the future i think.
I can stay on that version if you need some debugging information or test anything

Thank you Howard
Koal01

Howard Dutton

Edited

There were a few mistakes on rev 0 but nothing that couldn't be worked around.  OCS software more or less works too, I have the webpage up but not sure if the logging is really right.  If all goes well I'll install it next weekend.  Probably I'll order the corrected PCBs and build another controller with all the fixes and swap this one out at some point, I have most of the parts for two.  Then I'll have one for development and testing.

koal01

Nice to see the new OCS pcb soldered ! Good job !
I look forward to knowing about  the results when you install it.
Thanks for sharing Howard

Fernando Nino Sr

Howard, when will the link for the new PCB be ready to order?
Thanks
Nino

Howard Dutton

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 08:51 AM, Fernando Nino Sr wrote:
Howard, when will the link for the new PCB be ready to order?
I guess there's an 80% chance the revised OCS board is actually ok and everything works.  No-one has ever built one to know for sure, so I call it "beta"...

https://easyeda.com/hdutton/ocs3

Howard Dutton

I did a fair bit of testing this morning and most of what I need the OCS to do seems to be working correctly now (software and hardware.)

Roof seems to do what it should.  DC motor MOSFET works.  Nice having the LED to see it kick on and regulate the power.
Direction relays work.  Limit switch inputs work.

Had some bugs in the thermostat code but that seems fixed now.  Buffer overflow, incomplete refactoring, etc.  Sees the inside temperature and turns on the heat relay as it should.

I have a few touch-ups to do with soldering and move the onboard (inside) BME280 address so it can co-exist with the outside one.  Basically it's done and ready though.

Looking good for installation this Saturday.

Howard Dutton

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 06:42 AM, koal01 wrote:
weather panel : 3/6 sensors working
Without knowing what exactly is attached I can't check code...

Barometric pressure isn't working; it works for my BME280.
Wind speed isn't working; it works for my Modern Devices Rev.P on the T4.1 based OCS (is your analog input really correct?)
Sky conditions isn't working; I haven't tested yet.

koal01

Hi

Actually I have a doubt concerning the RevP. I’ll check the wiring, I suspect a cable problem, I’ll check that tomorrow.
The other 2 sensors not working
-the bmp180 : I’m using the bmp180 library in my 2.3i version but you are using the  bmp085 library in the latest version, maybe this lib has a problem in this version.
-the IR sensor is not working for a reason I don’t know.
Thank you Howard

Fernando Nino Sr

Good Morning Howard, any idea when the Beta OCS Board and BOM will be ready to purchase and will this new OCS work with your ASCom driver. Just asking due it takes a while to get the parts, just wanted to get a head start on the electronic parts needed.
Thanks
Nino

Howard Dutton

The OCS hardware is on EasyEDA, its still beta so hopefully it all works acceptably, AFAIK it does.

The OCS doesn't use the OnStep ASCOM drivers.  And unlike OnStep, the ASCOM drivers for the OCS are not free, there is a small charge to obtain them.