OSC IndiLibb driver

rambro@...

Hello,

I have built onStep for my old mount. Im verry happy with results.  Now I would like to build OSC. I have few questions.

1. Is possible to control OSC from EKOS (indilib) ?. Is driver for indilib available?
2. Is protocol available to send commands by serial, ethernet etc (park, unpark, status)
3. Is any PCB for OSC  or Arduino + wire to relay shield  is sufficient?.

Robert

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 02:42 AM, <rambro@...> wrote:
1. Is possible to control OSC from EKOS (indilib) ?. Is driver for indilib available?
Doesn't exist AFAIK.  I don't use Linux for astro stuff.

2. Is protocol available to send commands by serial, ethernet etc (park, unpark, status)
I think you're asking is it possible to control an OnStep mount with the OCS, if so the answer is no that doesn't exist but it is a feature I plan to add at some point.

3. Is any PCB for OSC  or Arduino + wire to relay shield  is sufficient?.
No PCB, I just don't see the point given the ultra low cost of the commercial general purpose offerings.

rambro@...

Thank you for your reply.

Ad. 2 I think about change "Dome simulator driver", possibly merge some code from "onStep LX200 Driver" to control OSC. I have found "Command" file where are commands to send over serial or ethernet.

At first I have to build OSC :).

Gord Tulloch

It's my intention to adapt the INDI roll-off roof driver for OCS so I'll keep you posted as to my progress.