Yikes Do I have to replace my relays?

Fernando Nino Sr

I just double checked my relays and noticed I ordered 10amp 8 channel relays, will these be okay for my needs? the only big drawn will the the garage door opener for the roof and exhaust fan for humidity built up. the other items are basically RPi4, mount, I modified the mount with an extra 12 volt power output for my 12 volt power module.

I have two 15 amp circuits runs inside the observatory.

Supply voltage: 5V (DC)
Supply current: Greater than 200mA
Each relay can be loaded: 250V 10A (AC) or 30V 10A (DC)

Thanks
Nino

Howard Dutton

I will not get into advice with regard to working with mains electricity, except to say if you have doubts get a licensed electrician to help.

Fernando Nino Sr

I'm good with the relays, but want to double check exhaust fan specs. My observatory is only 7 foot by 7 foot, i dont cool or heat it but use exhaust fan to exhaust the humility so my equipment does not sweat.

Howard Dutton

Again, I will provide no specifics, but generally speaking anything that plugs into an electrical socket (or wires in) has a rating Watts and/or Amps and Voltage.

Keep in mind though that motors add another dimension to this (this link isn't special except that it was the first to come up in my google search:)

https://www.functionaldevices.com/about/blog/2018/08/horse-power-hp-what-is-this-contact-rating/

Howard Dutton

Edited

Fernando Nino Sr

Thanks Howard, that was the other thing I was looking at, switching to a higher amp relays
Nino